Thursday, May 15, 2008

My carbon footprint




Have u ever heard about carbon footprint? Carbon footprint is a measure of the impact of your activities that produce greenhouse gases on the planet. The size of your carbon footprint depends on how much do u produce of greenhouse gases. Now I will talk about the problem and solution of the carbon footprint.

The first important problem is that I use the electricity a lot every day, I watch TV, use my laptop, playing video games and many other ways, most of our electricity are generated by burning fuels and that release carbon dioxide which make the earth hotter. The second problem is that my family got 7 cars and also I use my car a lot even if it was a short distance and Cars release large amount of CO2.the final problem is that I smoke a lot. Maybe you think it's a small amount of CO2 but its not.

The first solution is to reduce the amount of electricity every day. I can go the sea with my friend instead of watching TV or playing video games. The second solution is to use one car for the family instead of 7 and when I go out with my friend we can go with one car. The final solution is to reduce my smoking or to quit it because it's bad for health and bordure CO2.

To sum up, don't look at the other carbon footprint and say "oh mine is much smaller then it's ok" and remember the bigger your footprint is the bigger the damage you do the earth.

No comments: